Feb 3, 2010

My 2010 Resolution

I noticed I've been neglecting the side of me that loves to paint. I forget how good/theraputic/fun it can be. So, while pondering what my 2010 resolution should be, I decided: I should paint more often.


I have set this goal for myself before and have failed for two main reasons:

Excuse #1: Boring subject matter
One of the hardest things for me to figure out - what should I paint, and will it keep my interest long enough to finish the piece? Painting takes a lot of patience. If I’m not inspired to paint the subject, I get bored, which leads me to excuse #2…

Excuse #2: Loss of interest
Over the past years I’ve bought myself art supplies (canvas, paint, brushes) to intice myself into painting again. But somehow life and other interests slowly take over.

Solutions for my excuses:

Get inspired
Take more photos, sketch ideas, experiment, concept, etc... whatever it takes to inspire better subject matter.

Set a deadline
This may help. My current deadline: Complete at least one painting bi-monthly.

Blog about it
I think this will help me stay on track, keep my interest and see my progress, even if no one reads it.

I’m not sure what the future of this blog holds, but I will try to keep up with it and see where it goes…



No comments:

Post a Comment