Apr 30, 2010

It's already May?




















Wow, April is over. I had a mental deadline to complete at least one painting by May 1, but unfortunately it didn't happen. Above is the result; a sad neglected canvas :(

However, almost every day during the past couple months, I have been thinking and sketching subject matter, ideas and concepts for new pieces.

While working out my ideas, I found that since working on these past projects...











I've grown fond of illustrating typography. Although most of my experience with illustrating type has been finalized on the computer, I think it could be fun to explore and experiment through paint.

Over the next couple months, I'll continue to think/sketch for new subject matter, but for now, I'm going to focus on illustrating type through paint. I should have at least one painting or more to post no later than July.

Until then, here are some links of beautiful type illustrations/treatments that I truly admire:

Alex Trochut
Marian Bantjes
Jessica Hische
letterPLAYGROUND
Typography Friday
Friends of Type

No comments:

Post a Comment