Jan 10, 2011

'G' is for Gummy

Since I'm on a kick of illustrating type, I thought I'd share the process of something I did complete over the past few months. Although it was made awhile ago, I still think it's worth posting.

This was a fun project for the Alphalimn exhibit for Phoenix Design Week 2010. I was given the letter 'g' and chose to express it through the medium of gummies — 6 bags worth of gummy bears and worms to be exact. Here's some of the process:

This was my first version, a gothic 'G'.
































The 2nd version of a san-serif 'g' turned out more fun.






















The final version.




























Here is my final version featured in the Alphalimn exhibit at Sitewire in Tempe, AZ.






















I had fun with the process of this project, and if anything, it made me want to experiment more with different or unexpected mediums.

(Big thanks to Paul for helping me!)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome illustration! Who would of known gummies were perfect for making letters! I was actually in the show as well, I did the old english letter H next to yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was fun to make. Nice letter H by the way :)

    ReplyDelete