Jan 10, 2011

A year later.

Yes, I'm still alive. I guess since this blog is named neglected canvas, it's expected to get a little neglected itself, right? I've been pretty busy over the past few months with moving, life, etc., but have been sketching ideas in the process.

To reflect on the first year of having this blog — I'd say it was good for me. I didn't get as many actual pieces done as I had hoped, but just the fact it was always on my mind to keep going, allowed improvement to the way I approach the process. For this year, I have a goal to pick up the pace. I need to manage my time differently so I can actually get my ideas out from the sketchbook and onto a canvas. Also, although I started this blog with the goal to paint more, I'd like to experiment with more mediums than just paint.

I've debated a little between continuing this blog on Blogger, or switching it to Tumblr. To me, blogger feels a little clunky when it comes to the ease of posting. On the other hand, Tumblr feels super user-friendly, but feels almost too loose. I haven't decided if I want to make a switch yet. If I do switch, it's unfortunate that Tumblr can't import my posts from Blogger. If anyone is out there reading this, feel free to leave your experiences or opinions of switching blogs, I'd be interested to see what you have to say.

Well, here's to another year! I look forward to more progress and improvement toward my neglected canvases :)

No comments:

Post a Comment